Information that we collect and how we use it
Information about our customers/followers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with third parties that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- What We Collect: We may collect your name and email address. For example, you may subscribe to receive email updates from us by submitting your email address. You also may submit comments to the Site or through the contact us or other company email accounts on the Site. We do not encourage the submission of any personal information in the comments or through the contact mechanism other than what we expressly require (e.g., name and email address unless additional information is needed for a purchase). In the case of a purchase, you may be required to provide additional information such as payment info and a shipping address if needed. Purchasing information will be handle on the back end of this site through a secure payment gateway protecting your information as best we can so that this data would not be accessible to the public on the front public areas of this site. Information you disclose in the comments becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your information in your comments. Web servers may automatically capture the following information from visitors to the Site, including the name of the domain and host from which you access the internet, the internet address of the Site from which you enter the Site, the pages you visit on the Site and the amount of time you spend on the Site. This visitor information may be used to improve the Site.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, sending e-mail and removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- To comply with legal requirements: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- In connection with a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, acquisition, dissolution or similar event: If such event occurred
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Disclosure of information
We will not voluntarily share your name and email provided via the Site to any third party, except:
- With third parties that we hire to perform services for us (these third parties are not authorized to keep or use your personal information for any other purpose),
- To comply with legal requirements, such as law, regulation, warrant, subpoena, court order, or with a regulator or law enforcement agency or personnel or
- In connection with a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, acquisition, dissolution or similar event.
Visitor information described above under “Information that we collect and how we use it” may be provided to third parties as described below under “Cookies“ and “Web Beacons.”
Links to other Web sites
A cookie is a small text file that the Site can place on your computer’s hard drive. When you visit the Site, a cookie may be placed on your computer for customizing and enhancing your experience on the Site. Your name and email address are not shared in this cookie. We use a cookie that collects anonymous traffic data. You can set your Web browser to block cookies, but doing so may affect your ability to access certain features of the Site.
Web beacons are small bits of code embedded in Web pages or in emails. Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited a Web page and to understand usage patterns. Web beacons also may be included in emails to learn if messages have been opened, acted on or forwarded. You can disable the ability of Web beacons to capture information in this manner by blocking cookies as described above under “Cookies.”
We take reasonable steps to protect personal information from loss and misuse. Please keep in mind that no Internet transmission is 100% secure. Some email sent to or from the Site may not be secure. Please consider this when sending information to us by email.
The Site is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect personal information from them. If we discover that a child has provided us with personal information, we will use reasonable efforts to delete this information. If you have reason to believe we may have accidentally received personal information from a child under the age of 13, please immediately contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.